Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The latest unexplainable

This evening upon checked my Adwords account, I discovered that a keyword that had a 9.67% CTR ever since April 1 (over a month ago) now has a new, higher Min Bid than the last time I looked (earlier today). After averaging a click cost of .07, with a CTR of 9.67% for over a month, Adwords has doubled the Min Bid from .05 to .10.

After looking further, I've found several more examples of the same nature. Keywords that have high single digit CTRs with average costs well below the newly imposed Min Bid amount have had the min bid raised above my current bid.

Ok, this time I have changed something on the pages that the keywords leads too. I've added a navigation menu, which according to Adwords guidelines "navigation" is a very important factor in IMPROVING the quality score of a page. So I guess the reward (ie. the only change I've noticed) since adding the new navigation menu is a higher min bid. I thought the point of following Adwords guidelines was to improve the price I pay for keywords....guess not.

No comments: