Friday, March 14, 2008

This is getting old

Here are the latest examples of the "Google Slap" phenomenon:

A keyword that yesterday had an Ave CPC of .14 and a CTR of 4.8% today is inactive with a .20 Min bid.

A keyword that yesterday had an Ave CPC of .1 and a CTR of 32.15% today is inactive with a .2 Min Bid.

A keyword that yesterday had an Ave CPC of .15 and a CTR of 5.24% today is inactive with a .3 Min Bid.


I could go on and on. I've spoken with Adwords support his morning. A very nice CSR was happy to point me to the Adwords Guidelines on optimizing my website and campaign. Somehow he just couldn't bring himself to directly address the question of why my Min Bids for many well performing keywords doubled overnight. He especially avoided answering why this is the second time in the last 7 days that this has happened.

Supposedly, he is going to his "tech support" group to find more answer. Just can't wait to hear them.

No comments: